top of page

Stucky's in Overdrive

Stucky's Electric featured in classic weekly photo

This week's "Monday on Main" feature posted on Facebook by Heritage Hall Museum & Archives offers a look at a historic building in Freeman, South Dakota—a former electric motor repair shop.

According to Heritage:

"The feature shows a building that was a fixture at Fifth and Main in Freeman for half a century. It became home to Stucky Electric, Janver Stucky’s electric repair business, shortly after he opened at Fifth and Main in October 1974. Stucky had started his electric motor repair business on the family farm southeast of Freeman several years earlier."

He moved into the distinctive building, that had been a service station – notably the FJC Station operated by Freeman Junior College as a source of revenue for the school from 1933 to 1948. It was later used by Fred Haar Company, the John Deere dealership located immediately to the north before the implement moved to Highway 81 in 1972.

In 1984 Stucky demolished this building and constructed a new, larger metal building on the site. "This building was the inspiration for our museum's service station exhibit in the Unruh-Tieszen Wing," the Museum wrote.

64 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Farasis Energy receives highly-sought ISO certification Farasis Energy, the Hayward, California-based company with a major global presence including operations in Germany, China, and Turkey, recently

New software from ABB for field information management and more ABB's Ability Field Information Manager (FIM 3.0) has been upgraded to offer system engineers and maintenance teams increased connectivi

bottom of page